Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Owl and The Pussycat Tote

This will be my last post for a week or so. I'm going to my parents tomorrow and will be heading to Dublin with my Mum on Thursday. Spending that night in Dublin and catching an early flight to London on Friday. I am super excited! Haven't been out of the country since October 2011.


I finished my new tote bag last week. It will be a replacement for my much loved but very dilapidated Accessorize owl tote. This new tote is based on Noodlehead's Madras Tote with added interior details. I added a zip pocket, key-fob and a magnetic snap. I used a Spoonflower Heather Ross print  on cotton/linen blend canvas for the exterior and Hope Valley prints for the linings and accent. I used an old flannel sheet as interfacing which adds a fair bit of weight. I actually struggled to sew the boxed corner seams through the layers of canvas and flannel, but just about managed. Really looking forward to testing the new bag on my trip :)



I also manage to finally sew myself a pincushion! I have never actually made one for myself before. I have been a bit obsessed with house shapes in quilts for a while, and had to stitch up this tiny one using Hello Kitty Liberty and Sketch in Coffee. It turned out pretty cute and is now in service as a practical pincushion as I get on with hand quilting my Swoon quilt. I hope to finish my Swoon fairly soon. Dedicating all my free time to working on it until it is done now.



Back in a few days, quite possibly with some new fabric purchases :)

No comments:

Post a Comment