Tuesday 15 May 2012

Vintage Summer Tea Party

My quilt for Siblings Together. More information about this charity and the idea behind the quilting group can be found here.





My Vintage Summer Tea Party quilt was made using two neutral Kona charm packs (kindly donated by Katy ) along with some pretty coloured charm squares cut from my stash. I decided on a simple chequerboard pattern so I could use every single neutral charm. As soon as I started piecing I couldn't help thinking of summer picnics, cherry bakewell and vintage china tea sets. I quilted by hand using white pearl cotton in a Baptist fan pattern. One corner is quilted in rainbow thread for extra interest. Quilt is backed in  Valori Well's bird print cotton.

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! All that hand quilting must have taken so long, but it looks amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling quilt! Everything is awesome - the back the front and the hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really lovely! However long did it take to hand quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 2 weeks of a few hours a day. Too long! But definitely worth it. I'm still working on hand quilting my Swoon. No idea when that will be done.

      Delete