Wednesday 23 May 2012

Studio Progress

My favourite room in the house is finally starting to come together. 

The original walls were in a bad way, so we had them re-enforced with plasterboard and a new coat of plaster. The original floor has been lovingly restored and the walls, skirting and fireplace painted white. I am currently working on the final details, painting the fire surround, and making curtains :)



Dan and I assembled the two Ikea Expedit units on Sunday. Sid helped, a bit. I chose a 4x4 and 2x4 unit, which fill my wall space perfectly with only about 1/2" to spare. I had originally planned the 5x5 unit, but it would be a struggle to fit in the parents car, and also I would have trouble reaching the top row of shelves anyway. I'm designing this room to work with my limited reach, as I'm fed up of not being able to reach into my own cupboards in our tall person orientated kitchen.


Fireplace where I am currently painting that black area. The plan is to have it sky blue with a rainbow.

Plug sockets under my sewing table :)

As I write this I'm sitting in my bedroom. Sid is in the window watching a bird on a telephone wire. And she's just started chattering for the first time. That strange high pitched chatter that some cats display while stalking flying prey. I'd hoped she would be a chatterer, so I am pretty excited about this :)

5 comments:

  1. How do i get a comment here? Let me see.... This might work, not sure.

    I am LOVING the progress in the house decoration. I can't wait to see the rainbow by the fireplace. I also think the expedit units look trés chic. I am so happy for the both of you, honest <3 I hope Bruno and I get to see your beautiful house when we next visit Ireland. We keep planning to visit Ireland again - hopefully soon we'll be able to.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tati! Dan and I would love for you to come and visit. I still haven't finished this room. It's incredibly hot here this week and I don't want to be suck inside painting. But I hope to attack it a bit more later.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I love it! Maybe it's a Blythe person thing - but we all seem to have a lot of expedit love! They're wonderful. I love the floor too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Expedits are awesome! And fairly easy to put together with two people and a big enough floor space. I can't wait to get my toys and fabric stash in there, but I'm procrastinating at the finishing touches. I blame the heat and the kitten.

      Delete
  3. I would love an expedit - I have wanted one for ages - but we just don't have the space for one.

    ReplyDelete