Wednesday 2 May 2012

A Fresh Start

Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking, and a small amount of doing, and I've come to a realisation. There are things I love to do, things which I am good at, and which I could happily spend all my days doing. But I don't. I've been in a flump lately, sitting around wishing I had the energy to do what I want to do.

So for no particular reason, I decided to have another go at blogging. I see it as a step towards motivating myself to do more. I plan on sharing my goals, achievements, and quite possibly failures. At the moment, life here is not exactly as I would like it to be. Like H. P. Lovecraft in New York City, I am out of my comfort zone. And I find that little rituals really help with that. So here's to a new one. I plan on posting mostly about quilting, knitting and baking. But I have been known to dabble in drawing and Blythe doll photography. I'm basically just giving it a go, seeing what happens. All organic like.

A round-up of the bigger projects I'm working on right now:
Siblings Together Quilt ~ Quilting in progress. Almost done!
Swoon Quilt ~ Quilting 25% done.
Giant Star Quilt ~ Awaiting quilting.
Patchwork Prism Quilt ~ Halfway through cutting my pieces.



And today's achievement. I finished this sky blue Blythe cardigan. Knit using Polly Jane's wonderful roll neck cardigan pattern, using two strands of Debbie Bliss Angel in a beautiful sky blue. With mother of pearl buttons, micro sequins and seed beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment